Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Frittata Recipe



I am sure I have posted this before and if I have it just means it is that good!

One of my favorite egg dishes to make is a Bacon, Mushroom and Kale Frittata.

I make this whenever I am not sure what to make for any meal. I have had it for breakfast lunch and dinner. Plus I love it is all cooked in pan and bakes in the same pan.


Bacon, Mushroom and Kale Frittata

4 strips of bacon

1 onion sliced

1 8oz package of mushrooms(I used steak mushrooms)I cut them into smaller pieces

3 cups of Kale chopped

8 eggs scrambled

1 Teaspoon Garlic powder

Salt and Pepper to taste

1/4 cup cheddar cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 375

Then place the 4 strips of bacon in a skillet and cook.

Once bacon is cooked remove from skillet and place on a plate with paper towel to absorb the grease. Keep the bacon grease in the skillet.

Add your onions to the skillet cook about 5 minutes (until fragrant). Once the onions are cooked 5 minutes add the mushrooms and cook until the mushroom are soft about 5-10 minutes. Then add the chopped Kale and cook until it is cooked down and bright green about 5 minutes.
Crumble bacon and add to the onions, mushrooms and kale in the skillet. Add your garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well. Then add scrambled eggs to the skillet cook about 5 minutes, add cheddar cheese and then put the oven safe skillet in the oven and bake at 375 for about 30-40 minutes.

Let sit a few minutes and then cut into 8 slices.




If you are following the Fix meal plan I believe this would be 1 red, 1 green and part of a blue.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment