Friday, January 16, 2015

My Why

Last week I had to make a new WHY video for a Coaching At a Glance group my Beachbody team is having this week. This was a challenge for me not because of the WHY part it was the video part. I always feel like I am not making sense in my video. I am not getting my message out. So after ripping off the band aid and posting in the Coaching At a Glance group and then the team group page and several people telling I sounded like I was making sense I have decided to share my WHY video.

What help make my decision to post it today is because today is the day I lost my mom 12 years ago to complications from her diabetes and pancreatic cancer. My WHY has a lot to do with that fact I lost her at 22 and she never got to see so many wonderful events in my life and in my brothers life. Losing her (she was 54) made me realize I need to take better care of myself so I can be there for my kids and their future life events.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in October of 2009 and my cholesterol was great. So I was paralyzed with fear of not being around for my son and any other kids we would have. So I joined the gym and started Weight Watchers. I did ok but something was still missing.

Fast forward to 2012 I got healthy because I was pregnant and lost a bunch weight while pregnant because I was on insulin. I had a beautiful daughter I was feeling great eating well. Then the weight crept back on about a year later. I knew I need to make BIG lifestyle changes. I saw a friend doing great with Beachbody and I knew I need to join her. So I did last January and I am glad I did. My blood work has improved since drinking Shakeology and working out regularly. I am have very little weight loss but I lose weight at a snails pace.

I use inches lost, my energy level and what my blood work says to indicate my success and I have been VERY successful over the past year!

So here is my Why I Became a Beachbody Coach video .

I am hoping by sharing my story I inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment