Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Spinach Egg Scramble


I made this yummy spinach egg scramble the other day and I wanted to share! I was super easy and the kids even ate it!

We get a weekly CSA (community supported agriculture) and I try to plan our meals according to what is coming that week. We find out on Monday and I pick up on Wednesday. This gives me time to look up recipes or think what I am going to pair with a meal.

We go some fresh spinach and I have been in a egg mood lately so here is my Spinach Egg Scramble.




Spinach Egg Scramble

2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 onion, sliced
4 cups fresh spinach
6 eggs, scrambled
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat the oil in your skillet, then once heated add the onions. Cook the onions until clear and slightly brown about 5 mins. Then add the spinach and a cook until bright green. Stir eggs into the spinach and onions. Keep stirring until eggs are cooked. I split this between 6 servings.

I served this with some bacon and a slice of whole grain bread.


If you are tracking your food with the 21 Day fix meal plan. The containers would be 1 green and 2 reds (with bacon) and 1 yellow if you do a carb/starch.

No comments:

Post a Comment